Parents Right to Review Teachers' Qualifications
As a parent of a student at Earl Nash Elementary School, Wilson Elementary School, B.F. Liddell Elementary School, B.F. Liddell Middle School, and Noxubee County High School, you have the “right to know” the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child. Federal law allows you to ask certain information about your child’s classroom teachers, and requires us to give you this information in a timely manner if you ask for it. Specifically, you have the right to ask for the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers:
- Whether the Mississippi Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the Mississippi Department of Education has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of special circumstances.
- The teacher’s college major, whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees.
- Whether any teachers’ aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.
- The qualifications of a substitute teacher substituting for a teacher who has taken a leave of absence.
If you would like to receive any of this information, please call the principal(s) of the school or schools your child or children attend at:
- Earl Nash Elementary: 662-726-5203
- B.F. Liddell Elementary: 662-726-2287
- B.F. Liddell Middle: 662-726-4880
- Noxubee County High: 662-726-4428
- Career and Technical Center: 662-726-4225